Thursday, June 9, 2011

Live A Life Of Love

Friends,

I read a story today of a woman that came home one day to find her kids had drawn her pictures. She looked at the pictures with Love and Appreciation...then she realized the first picture was of her sitting at her computer...the second was her sitting by the pool...Is this what her kids thought of her?? This is what Mom does?  So, in reading this I thought to myself...what would my kids draw me doing? And you know what the first thought came to my mind...They would probably draw me: on my cell phone driving down the road,  working out,  doing laundry,  scrapbooking...and then... I cried.

What do my kids think I'm doing? What am I showing them? In my heart, I would hope they draw me:  Dancing for Jesus, Hugging and Loving Them and their Daddy, Ministering to other Women...Reading to them from the Bible. Are my kids going to look back and say,"Yea, I remember we were always in the car...going somewhere....doing something..." So, today Lord, I come to you, asking You Lord, for lots of Grace and a whole lot of Balance.   Because this what I am afraid my kids are seeing in me...

* Mommy on her cell phone every time we get into the car
* Mommy leaving us to go workout
* Mommy always asking us to "hurry up" because were late

Ugh!

I know God put me in their lives to be an example to them.  In 1.Corinthians 11.1 Paul tells the church to follow him as He follows Christ. My children trust me, they observe me, every move I make, they are watching. Looking for me to be that example....and If I don't....trust me....The World will! I want to be that example. But on my own.....I'm not. On my own, in my flesh, I fail. This is why friends, we as wives, mothers, caregivers, must surrender all of ourselves to Christ. If we hold back anything...we take the chance of that being the one thing our children follow. (Dont get me wrong....none of us our perfect) But scripture calls us to be imitators of Him...
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children, and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us." Ephesians 5:1,2.
Live a Life Of Love - now there's an order. A Life of Love. That is my prayer today....I Pray that the life I live my kids will see... first and foremost my love for Christ, my love for their daddy, my love for them, my Love for my family, my church, and my friends. I want the picture my kids draw of me to be that of me at the altar, with my hands raised, praising God and giving him All of me.  Because the only way I can be All to Them....is to give All to Him.

Now friends...this started out me beating myself up for everything Im not.....BUT GOD! In the midst of my pity party God said "I have emptied myself of everything But Love....so You could be Filled!" Jesus....made me jump in the air right there and Praise Him! He is Right! (Of Course), Everything He did....Everything He does....Its All About Love! The wonderful, awesome, never ending....Love He has for US! Oh, How I Love Him! And here I am reminded....Love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sin.
1 Peter 4:8b. Sin, my failures....got me to thinking.....His Love Covers My Sin, My Failures. Thank You Lord. It Covers Me.  I don't have to try and be All things to my kids...I have to Love God and let him do the rest. But the key is.....Love God 1st. Everything I do....I want my kids to see Love...not frustration..(Help Me Jesus).
God is encouraging me today...so I hope this encourages you.... "We Can Do All Things...Through Christ.." He will never give us more than we can take...and Because He has filled us with His Love....He knows that we can do what He has called us to do
.......Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment