Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Prayer Today...

Friends,

So today I’m reading Luke 17. And I read….Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; and he fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving him thanks. - Luke 17:15,16

Scripture tells us Ten were standing in the distance, all asking him to "cleanse" heal them. But only one turns back to say Thank You. Now immediately most of you will say….yea…I know the story. Well, today as soon as I read it, I began to think not about their healing….but about what Christ did for each one of us on Calvary….and God showed me a picture of Jesus hanging on the cross……For Us….and a crowd turning and walking away from Him….and just one…not me…but someone else….turning and falling at His feet Thanking Him for what He had done. Oh God, my heart cries out today…..how often have I been the other nine? I pray, cry, fast, and ask you God for cleansing, not just in my body, but relationships, finances, things of this world….and as soon as You do them…….have I been the other nine? Do I not carry that praise and thanksgiving on my lips forever? Thanking you for what you have Already Done. Oh God, have I told you lately Thank You for what you did on the cross for me that day?

I want to be a thankful woman, Lord. I want to wake up each day with a Thankful Heart….for what You have already done
...You deserve more Lord. I want to be the thankful one, for everything He has already done, I want to turn back and fall at his feet. Have you done this? Today? Not asked God for your need today….but Thanked God for what he has already done?

The next part of this scripture shows us that Jesus noticed….he noticed that only one turned back…..and it affected him. This is where my Heart Broke....I Felt Shameful. He asked "Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine?" People will argue that it didn’t affect him….but why is it mentioned? Why did he ask the one about the others? He Healed them! How long had some of them had this disease? How long had they suffered? What more did He do for us?

Lord, this morning I’m standing here today waiving my arms in the crowd…..I was one of the nine…..but Lord..I do Thank You! For every prayer that has been answered….for dying for me on the Cross…..for your Word…for your Grace and Mercy, oh God. Thank You for loving ME!.

Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases- Psalm 103:2 Have we forgotten? That he forgave our sins…and healed our diseases….for no other reason then He Loves Us! Have we become a people that expect Gods Love and forget to Praise Him for it? Scripture shows us over and over how we are to Praise Him, not for what we want…but for what He has Already done.
Let us be reminded today to "forget not his benefits"…when we are looking at all that is wrong in this world, and everything we would pray to be different….."Forget not his benefits…" Psalm 107 says: "He sent forth his Word and healed them: he rescued them from the grave". Its already been done friends. He has already rescued us by dying on the cross for us. He Loves Us! His Love….So Great…So Wide. Bask In It! Enjoy It! Love It! And Friends…..Praise Him for It! No Greater Love….Nothing else that he could do for you today would be greater than what He has already done. What are you waiting for????

Today this is my prayer, (maybe yours too), I want to Be Thankful Lord, Thankful for what You have already done. Help me to see the good and not focus on the bad. Guard my ears from the things of this world and let me be set apart, Help Me TO BE THE ONE!

I Love You!


No comments:

Post a Comment