Monday, February 27, 2012

Recently while watching TV I saw an ad for a "Motivational" speaker that was coming to Dallas. When I saw it, I stopped and thought for a moment. Why do people pay money to go listen to somebody they don’t even know motivate them??? Let me first say, I’m all about Encouraging People, Motivating them….but from where??? The Word of God. Nothing that someone else can say, or I say means squat if it doesn’t come from The Word of God. He is the Best, the Only Motivational Speaker we need. As a matter of fact….He was the First Motivational Speaker! Why are people searching and willing to pay large amounts of money for someone to Motivate them? When all they have to do is pull out their Bible and Be Encouraged in the Word! I think there is only one self help book that people need. The Bible! Imagine if all the people that tried all the self help books and seminars out there, turned their attention to the Word of God and actually sought their answers from there! I don’t ask many people their opinion on things. Maybe that’s good, maybe that bad. But the way I look at it, the only opinion that really matters to me is One. The Bible is the best instructional book on how to have a Great Life. And it doesn’t promise a million dollars in the bank, or fancy houses, as a matter of fact, it says trials will come. But it gives you the tools to use when they do. And if you don’t believe me….here is a step program on how to be successful in life from God……(just a few)If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move... and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU!
 
- Matthew 17:20

In the Lord, put your trust. - Psalms 11:1

The Lord will guide you always, he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land. You will be like a spring whose waters never fail. - Isaiah 58:11

If you can believe, All things are possible to him who believeth. - Mark 9:23

Thou shall decree a thing and it shall be established unto thee and a light shall shine upon thy ways. - Job 22:28

Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say on the Lord. - Psalms 27:14

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5,6

Behold I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest. - Genesis 28:15

And I am sure that He who began a good work in you will complete it. - Philippians 1:6

With God all things are possible. - Matthew 19:26

Fear thou not . . . I will strengthen thee. . . I will help thee. - Isaiah 41:10

Your Father knoweth what things you have need of before you ask Him. - Matthew 6:8

Come unto me, ye who are weary and overburdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. - Mark 13:31

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. - Proverbs 30:5

And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him. - 1 John 5:14-15

For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Philippians 4:13

Seek Him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name. - Amos 5:7


Wow! There is your motivation for the day! And God is showing us that He is For us! So, whatever it is you are going through today, whatever you are seeking. Don’t look to other people for the answers. (This is where we all struggle) Don’t look to the left or the right. Look to Him, The answers you are seeking are in His Word. Be encouraged today….Not By Me….But by Him, the author and finisher of You. Have A Great Day!
Love You All……
Too blessed to be stressed……..
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment